Instructor Development Course
If you would like to change your career and lifestyle, and become a PADI Dive Instructor then come and join us. NEXT IDC WITH LANTA DIVER STARTS
30th MARCH 2013
Meet our Course Director Richard Reardon
PADI Silver Course Director/EFR Instructor Trainer
It was 1999 when I first learnt to dive in Egypt, and it was love at first breath. It was very soon after this initial underwater experience that I decided to live the life of a PADI Instructor. Since leaving England 10 years ago, I have been fortunate enough to live and teach diving in many fantastic and exotic countries. Having completed my Divemaster Course in Thailand and my IDC in Indonesia, I have worked in New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Egypt, Palau and the Philippines.
Becoming a PADI Pro changed my life forever, and I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. I can help you make that change to.
• PADI Course Director and EFR Instructor Trainer
• 1500+ PADI Certifications
• 15 Specialty Instructor Trainer Ratings
• 10 years as a PADI Professional
• 8 years experience in Instructor Development Courses
• Awarded four PADI Certificates of ExcellenceInstructor Development Course with Lanta Diver
Lanta Diver was the first PADI IDC centre on Koh Lanta, and has since been running successful IDC’s on the island for the past 10 years. Our emphasis on professionalism is clear in all aspects of the dive centre and this element continues right through our Instructor Development Courses.
The beautiful island of Koh Lanta is the perfect environment for you to make your IDC. It is a relaxed island with beautiful beaches easily accessible for confined water and open water preparations.
We have modern air-conditioned classrooms conveniently located in the town Ban Saladan. We can offer the confined water presentations in a private swimming pool with no other disturbances.
There is a wide variety of resorts to suit all budgets and preferences. Please contact us if you would like some recommendations.
Lanta Diver offers the following IDC package :
• Free IDC Prep Course – 3 days
• Instructor IDC (Instructor Development Course)
o The IDC includes several additional free workshops to prepare you to be an excellent instructor and to help you pass your I.E., such as Rescue and Knot-tying workshops.
• Emergency First Response EFR and CFC Instructor Course (pre-requisite to IDC) – EFRI
• Instructor Specialty Ratings (includes application fees)
o Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Rating
o Project AWARE Specialty Instructor Rating
o Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Rating
• PADI Materials :
o IDC Crew Pack
o EFR Instructor Manual
• Free IDC T-Shirt
• Free employment advice and assistance including optional employment workshop and help in finding work even after you leave
• Dive equipment discounts
• Free equipment rental during IDC if needed
• Includes lunch every day during the IDC
• This package is THB 59,000
• Free Enriched Air (Nitrox) Specialty Instructor Rating (PADI Application fee of AUD 77 not included)
PADI Fees (in $AUD)
• Instructor Examination Enrolment 730
• Instructor Application 198
• EFR Instructor Application 134
• Specialty Instructor Application (per specialty) 77
Most of our Instructor Candidates choose to take Specialty Instructor ratings after the IDC. Each Specialty Instructor training course costs THB 5,000, or five Specialty Instructor ratings for THB 20,000. We also offer a special ‘unlimited’ package for THB 35,000 on Specialty Instructor ratings (PADI Application fee of AUD 77 per rating not included).
• Your Open Water certification must be dated minimum 6 months prior to the start of your IDC.
• You need 100 logged dives to become an instructor.
• You must be a PADI Divemaster (or equivalent).
• Your current EFR/First Aid certification must be valid – within 24 months
• You will need a dive medical signed by a physician within 12 months.
LANTA DIVER IDC SCHEDULE 2013
30th March to 13th April
Instructor Examination 14th and 15th April
21st October to 4th November
Instructor Examination 5th and 6th November
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org